Ling Xia Dong was built in 1917, and it is a stone temple with a shallow cavern. The most special design on its façade is a baroque pailou, and there are Sakyamuni Buddha, Sangharama Bodhisattva, Wei Tuo Bodhisattva, Ananda, and Avalokitesvara worshiped inside the temple.
In 1932, the front pailou was constructed. The two inscriptions, “Empty Mountain” and “Deep Water”, were inscribed by a monk, Te Hsin. Every spring, a sea of clouds is seen in front of the temple, and the stream in front of the shallow cavern meanders. The two inscriptions, “Empty Mountain” and “Deep Water”, were inscribed because the temple is covered with cloud and mist which makes it difficult to judge how deep the stream is. When the sun shines, the sea of clouds will float, which causes myriads of sun rays on the cliff and a riot of colors with the sea of clouds to float. It is called Ling Xia Dong because of the eternally changeable meteorological landscape.